The Western Sydney Academy of Sport implements quality development programs for western Sydney’s talented young athletes across a number of sports.
The Heartland Motors Lone Star program is available to athletes who are not eligible to nominate for a current Academy squad-based program. The program will aim to prepare talented young athletes for progression to higher levels of individual performance and achievement – specifically State and National representation.
Successful nominees will be provided with a 12 month scholarship, comprising of combined induction and education workshops, personal development opportunities as well as technical support where feasible. Each successful athlete will be required to pay a subsidised athlete levy of $180 to contribute to the cost of the program.
To be eligible for the Heartland Motors Lone Star Program, athletes must be:
- Aged between 13 and 18 for the majority of the scholarship year;
- Not eligible to apply for an Academy squad based scholarship during 2018;
- Committed to progressing to higher representation within their respective sport;
- A financial member of a local Club/Association affiliated with their sport;
- Currently residing within the Local Government Areas of Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Hawkesbury, The Hills, Fairfield, Parramatta or Penrith.
Nominations will close on 24 April 2018