WSAS partners with Netball NSW to deliver a holistic athlete development program for talented netball athletes. The goal is to create a supportive and challenging growth culture for athletes, umpire athletes and coaches.
The target age for Academy athletes is 15 and 16 years. The athlete program focuses on long term individual athlete development and aims to lead the way in transforming potential on and off the court.
For coaches who aspire to progress in the Netball NSW performance pathway, the Academy’s Netball Program provides the opportunity to play a significant role in the future success of Netball in NSW and also to access personal growth experiences including education, mentoring and collaboration.
WSAS in partnership with Netball NSW is seeking Expression of Interest from umpire coaches who have:
- Minimum National B umpire accreditation
- Current Rules of Netball Theory Exam
- Demonstrated success in coaching
- Commitment to ongoing personal growth and reflection
- Passion for individual and wholistic athlete growth
- Strong desire to be an integral part of Netball NSW and Regional Academies of Sport (RASi) success
Applicants requiring further details regarding the program can enquire by contacting the Academy. As a guide umpire coaches should be available to commit to:
- Sessions between January-April and July-October
- Academy Camp March
- Academy Games April
- Academy Challenge September
Coaches must complete an EOI form by accessing the Academy’s website using the following link: www.wsas.com.au/nominations/coaching-staff-eoi/
- Applications will close on 6 September
- Interviews will take place (if required) by arrangement
- Coach appointments will be announced 8 September