The Western Sydney Academy of Sport is accepting nominations from athletes interested in nominating for a position with the Academy’s 2022 Digital Realty Netball Umpire Program.
The Academy’s Digital Realty Netball Umpire Program will provide development opportunities for talented young athletes in the western Sydney region. In partnership with Netball NSW, the program provides opportunities for athletes in the areas of technical skill, education and personal development, preparing athletes for the next level of elite sport representation.
To be eligible to apply to trial for a position in the 2022 Digital Realty Netball Umpire squad, athletes must be:
- Born between 2006 – 2007;
- Committed to progressing to higher representation within the sport of Netball;
- A current financial member of a netball Club or Association affiliated with Netball NSW;
- Currently residing in the Local Government Area (LGA) of Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, City of Parramatta, Penrith or The Hills.
Athletes selected in the Digital Realty Netball Umpire Program will receive the following benefits:
- Access to first class training facilities at Blacktown Leisure Centre;
- High quality coaching endorsed by Netball NSW in an individual and squad environments;
- Opportunity to represent the Academy at various events;
- Education in law interpretations and identification of optimal positioning;
- Opportunities to attend educational seminars conducted by industry professionals about topics such as nutrition, social media and sports psychology;
- Access to Academy Team App communication portal;
- Academy athlete uniform apparel;
- Opportunities to receive benefits from Academy partners including gym membership and professional sports medicine services.
Applications are now open and will close on 27 September 2021. To apply you can head to the Academy’s website nomination page: https://www.wsas.com.au/nominations/digital-realty-netball-umpire-nominations/