The Western Sydney Academy of Sport is accepting nominations from athletes interested in nominating for a position with the Academy’s 2021/22 Lone Star Program.
The Academy’s Lone Star Program will provide development opportunities for talented young athletes in the western Sydney region. The program provides opportunities for athletes in the areas of education and personal development, preparing athletes for the next level of elite sport representation.
To be eligible to apply for a position in the 2021/22 Lone Star Program, athletes must be:
- Born between 2004 – 2009
- Committed to progressing to higher representation within their spot;
- Not eligible to apply for an Academy squad-based scholarship between 2021 and 2022;
- A current financial member of a local club or association affiliated with the relevant sport;
- Currently residing in the Local Government Area (LGA) of Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, City of Parramatta, Penrith or The Hills.
Athletes selected in the Lone Star Program will receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity to represent the Academy at various events;
- Insight into what it takes to become a professional athlete;
- Opportunities to attend educational seminars conducted by industry professionals about topics such as nutrition, social media and sports psychology;
- Access to Academy Team App communication portal;
- Academy athlete uniform apparel;
- Opportunities to receive benefits from Academy partners including gym membership and professional sports medicine services.
Applications are now open and will close on 16 August 2021. To apply you can head to the Academy’s website: https://www.wsas.com.au/nominations/lone-star-nominations/