The Western Sydney Academy of Sport is accepting nominations from athletes interested in nominating for a position with the Academy’s 2021/22 Softball Program.
The Academy’s Softball Program will provide development opportunities for talented young athletes in the western Sydney region. In partnership with Softball NSW, the program provides opportunities for athletes in the areas of technical skill, education and personal development, preparing athletes for the next level of elite sport representation.
To be eligible to apply to trial for a position in the 2021/22 Softball squad, athletes must be:
- Born between 2007 – 2008
- Committed to progressing to higher representation within the spot of Softball;
- A current financial member of a softball Club or Association within the western Sydney region;
- Currently residing in the Local Government Area (LGA) of Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Cumberland, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, City of Parramatta, Penrith or The Hills.
Athletes selected in the Softball Program will receive the following benefits:
- Access to first class training facilities at Blacktown International Sportspark;
- High quality coaching endorsed by Softball NSW in an individual and squad environments;
- Opportunity to represent the Academy at various events;
- Insight into what it takes to become an elite Softballer;
- Identification and training methods to correct technique;
- Opportunities to attend educational seminars conducted by industry professionals about topics such as nutrition, social media and sports psychology;
- Access to Academy Team App communication portal;
- Academy athlete uniform apparel;
- Opportunities to receive benefits from Academy partners including gym membership and professional sports medicine services.
Applications are now open and will close on 27 August 2021. To apply you can head to the Academy’s website nomination page: https://www.wsas.com.au/nominations/softball-nominations/